WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What I submitted:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JEHELI

What I submitted: Empty
PostSubject: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:17 am

Just wanted to post what I submitted: (although, not selected yet... June 9th, wish me luck!)

-Prior Service, outstanding record
-AFAST: 106
-APFT: 300
-GT: 115
-LOR: 6 total, very personal; MG, COL, COL, Air Force CPT (ERAU College Instructor), LTC (ex pilot), 1LT
-BS in Professional Aeronautics (Honors: Cum Laude)
-75 out of 75 board points
-No Criminal Hx except for a couple of speeding tickets
-No waivers
-20/20
-10 hours fixed wing PP training

This all took me about 4 months to get together. I was close to finishing my degree when I started on the packet. One of the last things I submitted was the "Why I want to be an Army Aviator" letter to make sure that I took my time with it and plus it was the easiest thing. Also, I waited until I took the AFAST test and was medically qualified before I started asking for LOR's. Everyone I asked to write me a LOR turned them around in a week or so; I was very lucky. I think the AFAST is the only thing that I am worried about, but then again it's above a 90, so it shouldn't be too much of a deterrent from everything else.

Thoughts anyone?

Will keep everyone posted on the results next week.....

-JB
Back to top Go down
JEHELI

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:36 am

I was selected Very Happy and I decided to report in September for the October 2nd WOCS class.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your responses and help. That leads me to a question:

Does anyone know how often "flight school" classes start up? I don't want to get into the October WOCS and miss the cutoff for a slot in which I'll have to wait several months for.... Just want to make sure that I am being smart about the report date that I chose (which could be changed).

Thanks again.

JB
Back to top Go down
Konig

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Awesome news!!! Congrats and good luck. I hope to join you soon.
Back to top Go down
Kwizical

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:04 pm

When were you selected JEHELI? and how did you get to choose when you were going to report. Just wondering cause I was selected in May and haven't heard anything except for the fact that I probally won't class up untill late Nov. Congrats
Back to top Go down
JEHELI

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Kwizical,
Congrats to you as well. Are you a WOFT applicant? Either way, I was picked up from the June board.

"how did I get to choose when I was going to report?"

My recruiter told me to "get down to MEPS ASAP" so I could have a better choice when it came to choosing class dates. I know it was the typical recruiter trying to get their applicant to sign up as quickly as possible, but I DID want to have a choice in the matter, so I went down there the very next day to discuss options. My "career counselor" (the person working the desk, processing people through MEPS) called USAREC and asked if I could report late August / early September and I ended up going for September 16th. I have a house to sell and other things to do before I go.... & I told him this. As I understand it, this report date will give me over 2 weeks to in-process before WOCS on October 2nd.

Not sure why you haven't made a reservation yet?? I had 10 days to pick my class date and that was clearly outlined in the board results as well as by my recruiter/online, etc.... You might want to ask your recruiter on what the next step is and if you have a choice in the matter.

Hope this answered your question.

-JB
Back to top Go down
Kwizical

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:29 pm

No I'm a Tech applicant MOS 880A. I have to wait for offical notification so that I can request the conditional release because I'm AD Navy. I emailed Ms. Osterman and she said she would most likely schedule me for a class late NOV. Seeing how my WOBC dosen't start till March 09.
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:00 am

Pretty damn good stats there JEHELI and congrats! As far as class dates, you can go to the ATTRS website and look up the class dates for everything. Here is a link through the Ft Rucker website:

http://www-rucker.army.mil/dptmsec/index.htm

WOCS classes start every two weeks. Im slotted for the 04Dec08 (with Kwizical) after passing on the 02Oct08 slot. Dunker is 08-10Feb09 for me with a projected phase 1 flight start date of 16April09-21Sept09

Looks like I'll be asking you the questions about what, when, where....
Back to top Go down
http://purdue28.deviantart.com/
ErOkOnE

ErOkOnE

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:51 am

Where in the ATTRS website does one look to find out their class dates after WOCS?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erokone
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Look up course 911-09W and you will see classes for both phases...from there you can look at exact dates.
Back to top Go down
http://purdue28.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I submitted:   What I submitted: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I submitted:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WOCS Applicants :: Fully Qualified / Selected :: Civilians-
Jump to: