WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Packet....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
21P to 210A

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:59 am

Selected with over 12yrs in svc.
Needed two waivers.
7 page resume
Outstanding NCOERs (1,1 promote now last 5 years)
Numerous duty positions, from line mechanic to BNCOC instructor.
Associates degree with 130 college credits.
MSM, 3 ARCOM, 4 AAM

Don't know what else to say. Branch said I had little chance of being selected due to yrs in svc. I submitted my packet anyway and was selected on my first look. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something. If you don't try than you can't succeed. Cool
Back to top Go down
SGT_Allhands

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:23 pm

I was selected from 74D to 254A on civilian background.

TXARNG
44 Years old
10 Years in service (6 Active Navy, 4 Guard)
No waivers
3 page resume
Good NCOERs
No degree (70 College credits and still attending school part time)
No major Army awards
10 Years IT experience with demonstrated steady professional development and increases in responsibility and position.
Excellent private sector employee evaluations over the 10 years and six very good letters of recommendation from civilian supervisors, military supervisors, commanders, and peers.

I took a lot of time and care putting my packet together - making sure every detail was perfect and having others review it. As a result it took a while to prepare, but it paid off in my board. The Colonel stated that it was an excellent packet and that he could tell I worked hard on it. My board was only five minutes long.
Back to top Go down
AngeloMileto

AngeloMileto

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 am

WOC Allhands - guess you need to change your login name Smile

Completely understand the pain involved. I spent well over a year getting everything done. Between just the paperwork and waivers to the physicals I needed given my age. My board, which was the first time I'd ever been to one, was quite brief as well. They did not even go over my packet as they indicated, as yours did, that it was well done. Instead, they just asked me a few questions about why I wanted to be a Warrant especially at my age and if I was prepared for the physical challenges.

Congrats again fellow Signal WO - which BTW you know we are now 255A, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhgclan.com
SGT_Allhands

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:30 am

Yeah, I totally didn't think the whole name thing through Razz

I do realize I will be a 255A, but my paragraph and line number are still for 254A for the time being.

Yeah, my packet took a year too, but preparation and attention to detail paid off. The only boards i had been to in the past were NCO boards, and this was nothing like them - far less adversarial.

Lets keep connected - maybe we will link up at WOBC. I hear it is a great school in an awesome location. All of our 25 series soldiers rave about Ft. Gordon, GA.

Larry
Back to top Go down
AngeloMileto

AngeloMileto

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Have you looked into PEC for the Cisco portion? If not, ask your training NCO about it. I looked mostly as being NG, it keeps me TDY instead of PCS which means I can keep paying my mortgage Smile

If you already have dates, let me know what they are.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Allhands

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Wow, did not know that option was there! That is great as going PCS will kill me financially as well.
Back to top Go down
AngeloMileto

AngeloMileto

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

I didn't either until a CW2 happened to wander through my unit last drill and noticed my WOC so we started chatting.

Guess it is true about the WO family. Look it up and let me know if you end up in the same class as I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Packet.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Packet....   My Packet.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Packet....
Page 1 of 1