WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any Advice would be great

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MTNGRUNT

Any Advice would be great Empty
PostSubject: Any Advice would be great   Any Advice would be great Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:22 pm

OK, i'm going to try to keep this short. I'm active duty E-4 11B. i'm on the last few months of my first deployment. I ETS July 09. All i want to do is be a 153A. I'v been racking my brains for months whether or not i should just ETS and submit a civilian packet or stay in and submit it from active duty. My problem is i have nothing special to offer. The only reason i don't stay in and submit from active duty is because i don't want to get stuck doing another deployment as 11B. What would be my best bet to get selected
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: Any Advice would be great   Any Advice would be great Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:14 am

Talk to DBarnes727 about coming from the civilian side. Im helping him some as he doesnt have much help through the recruiters but at least you can get his prospective. I havent been able to find too many that have done the "street to seat" route so I dont know how complicated it really is.
I am coming from the guard and go to WOCS in Dec (primary is sometime in April 09) The good thing about the guard is the fact that you find a unit BEFOREHAND that flies the bird you want so you know you have a slot. The process has been a total pain in the arse to be honest (my packet was done in 06 and I'm just now leaving for WOCS), but will be worth it in the end. It seems like there aren't really any decent WO recruiters so most have to navigate the system on their own for the most part. Hopefully this site will help in that regard.
The important thing to remember is that the officer side of the house is different than the enlisted side. If you want it, you have to be willing to work to reach your goals. Its YOUR career so don't expect anyone to just give things to you. Keep that in mind, do your homework, and don't let anyone tell you that you cant do this or that. Do that and you will accomplish your goals.
On another note...the whole "I have nothing special to offer" is crap. Your a combat vet. You've served your country and fellow brothers-in-arms. You need to change your prospective in that regard and believe in yourself or the board never will.
Back to top Go down
http://purdue28.deviantart.com/
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: Any Advice would be great   Any Advice would be great Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:20 am

FYI...from ErOkOnE (org posted Wed 23Apr08)

Whatever you do. Don't give up!!! Persistence is the key with your packet. You must continue to press your recruiter into doing what you want and that is to become a warrant officer. If that is your goal then pursue that and do not allow yourself to be convince to join enlisted first.

Some recruiters will say that this is your best option and that it will be easy to come in as a WO after you've been in. I don't believe that. I think its harder. Your up against so many active duty applicants that have had years of experience of working on all types of airframes.

If this is your dream, you have to keep it alive.

You should pack as many things that are relevant to your maturity and your character into your resume.
Your letters of recommendation should depict you as someone who wants to make a difference in their community and this nation.
If you have to write statements or letters be truthful and honest.
If it takes a year and a half, as it did for me, continue to press on towards your mark.

Gain experience relevant to becoming a WO and an Aviator, during the time you are waiting, better yourself, in order to become a better candidate.

Whatever you do, don't give up on your dream. Believe in it day in and day out. Pray about it, thank God for it, and prepare for it.

If you have questions about the process let me know, I'll do my best to answer them as precisely as I can.

Take care and GOOD LUCK.
Back to top Go down
http://purdue28.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Advice would be great   Any Advice would be great Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Advice would be great
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WOCS Applicants :: Military Applicants :: Resume Help-
Jump to: