WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Electronic Submission

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jlovell3

Electronic Submission Empty
PostSubject: Electronic Submission   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Alright I am quite confused when it comes to the submission of the packets. I do understand that since I am CONUS that I need to submit my packet electronically. So, do I have everything signed and then screened onto the computer? This very well may be a stupid question , but I am down-right stumped.

Please help me with this simple but confusing barricade.....

lovell
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Submission   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:07 am

Not 100% sure on this one but I would think your best bet is to give your packet to your WO recruiter (if you have one). This ensures that you have a second set of eyes (who should know the proper format and can make sure its complete) reviewing before you submit. It would be a real pain to screw something up and not know until its too late.
Also remember to keep a copy of your packet. I cant begin to tell you how many times Ive turned paperwork over just to find out that its been lost.

Are you active duty, reserve, or ARNG?
Back to top Go down
http://purdue28.deviantart.com/
jlovell3

PostSubject: status   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 pm

I am Air National Guard....

So, I do not have a WO recruiter to help me. I am doing this solo style. I am currently in the process of getting a good WO contact to help me with my packet. I have read over the website and understand most of it , but there are some small details that seem to be missing like the previous question.

Thanks for the reply.

Lovell
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Submission   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Im California NG and have a check list that might help even if your not in my state. Maybe we should set something up on here for active, reserve, civilian, so that its a one-stop-shop for all needed paperwork. I know the NG process but Im not too sure how different the others are as far as packet organization. Ill try to make a few calls to find this stuff out so I can post it in a new forum. Ill also, get on later tonight and post my checklist so you at least have that.

What state are you in, what do you have done, and what do you know your missing? Are you trying to become a pilot or...?
Back to top Go down
jlovell3

PostSubject: WHat I have done...   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Well, I don't really have anything done..lol. I am a little overwhelmed with all of the stuff to do and haven't started yet, not to mention I have been busy as heck at work. I will be applying for Imagery Analyst Technician (350G).

I finally got a contact through someone I work with and am in hopes of leaping from that contact to a WO recruiter, someone that submits packets all of the time...(Score). I plan on calling him tommorrow and seeing what he can do for me.

I appreciate you helping me out with this. It's funny how you are a complete stranger to everyone but are so willing to help everyone out. I guess that is the way guard people are:) Until the next post.....

Lovell
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Submission   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 am

Not sure everyone here will be able to read this but at least its a start. Below is a checklist for the California ARNG, your states packet may be slightly different.

I have a note written to myself to post portions of my packet for you guys to use for reference (ie: 62E, SOU, etc) as well as a list or link for as many state W.O. P.O.C.'s as I can find. Im too busy at work so these things might take me a few weeks, but it will be up ASAP.

[img]Electronic Submission Woc_pa10[/img]
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Submission   Electronic Submission Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:31 am

I'm so willing to help because I navigated myself down the road for the most part and it was unnecessarily more confusing than it needed to be. The Warrant Officer Candidate process, at least on the reserve and guard side, just needs to be a little more organized in my opinion; but thats what this site is for and its a damn good start. With our help it will become the source for potential WOCS.
At the same time the title and rank of a W.O. should not just be handed out. You need be hungry enough to prove through your work ethic that you have what it takes. I believe a hard work ethic indicates that you have what it takes to be a leader and this line of reasoning has yet to fail me.

ErOkOne said it well in another post:

ErOkOnE wrote:
Whatever you do. Don't give up!!! Persistence is the key with your packet....

If this is your dream, you have to keep it alive.

You should pack as many things that are relevant to your maturity and your character into your resume.
Your letters of recommendation should depict you as someone who wants to make a difference in their community and this nation.
If you have to write statements or letters be truthful and honest.
If it takes a year and a half, as it did for me, continue to press on towards your mark.

Gain experience relevant to becoming a WO and an Aviator, during the time you are waiting, better yourself, in order to become a better candidate.

Whatever you do, don't give up on your dream. Believe in it day in and day out. Pray about it, thank God for it, and prepare for it.

Take care and GOOD LUCK.

Now compared to ErOkOne, it took me 3 years b/c I needed moral waivers for being stupid in my youth. If I can do it anyone who wants it can. Just make sure you want it and Ill be willing to help in what ever way I possibly can.

Look luck, Ill see you in the skies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Submission   Electronic Submission Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electronic Submission
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WOCS Applicants :: Military Applicants :: Resume Help-
Jump to: