WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Resume...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ErOkOnE

ErOkOnE

Your Resume... Empty
PostSubject: Your Resume...   Your Resume... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:39 am

Your resume shouldn't be a lie. It shouldn't be an exaggeration of the truth either.

Be honest. There are many different formats for a resume. Although the WO website states they want the resume in a specific fashion, you can use their template with a skills based resume, job related resume, experience resume, etc.

Don't limit yourself. Use a thesaurus! AGAIN USE A THESAURUS!!!

Make sure you include all skills and educational milestones in your life that can be translated into you being adept and capable as a WO.

Include all training you've taken either by requirement, but especially because you wanted to better yourself. If your a go-getter, hard-charger, your resume should depict that.

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO LIST ALL YOUR QUALITIES. ITS OK TO SOUND PROUD OF YOURSELF. The people reading will know you by what you write here. It is really important that you sell yourself accurately and honestly.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erokone
Kwizical

Your Resume... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Resume...   Your Resume... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:05 pm

couldn't have said it better... but don't add too much FLUFF... be short and to the point remember board members will be reading hundreds of resumes... Be sure to set your self apart...
Back to top Go down
adwhit1

Your Resume... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Resume...   Your Resume... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:27 am

These guys broke it down to the "T". Your resume is a direct reflection of you and your career. I was a first time go, and I did it all myself. No help from anyone. I just sat down read the instructions, followed them and it was good to go. No matter what you think it can be done.
Back to top Go down
21P to 210A

Your Resume... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Resume...   Your Resume... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am

I would add that the resume should reflect what is on NCOERs, Awards, and your ERB. That way what you are saying is confirmed with official documents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Resume... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Resume...   Your Resume... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Resume...
Page 1 of 1