WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

also starting my package

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kazansky23

also starting my package Empty
PostSubject: also starting my package   also starting my package Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm 23, Active duty Marine Corps, 7257, Air Traffic Controller,
I scored a 265 out of possible 300 on the PFT fire a 344 out of 350 on the rifle range, and have approximately 23 credit per the navy.smart.mil transcripts that convert military studies to college credit. I also scored a 146 on the AFAST and I have a 116 GT, I'm 72 inches and weigh in a 160lbs but I have poor vision about 20/180 in each eye correctable to 20/20, I also currently hold a class A-3 Flight Physical havnt been tested for the Class A-1 yet, no criminal record, but I have 2 NJP's from early in my active duty career.

does it sound like I have a shot?
Back to top Go down
ErOkOnE

ErOkOnE

also starting my package Empty
PostSubject: Re: also starting my package   also starting my package Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:46 am

As I tell everyone. You wont know until you start the process. If you don't submit the packet you'll never know. Sounds like you're on point though. You have a really high AFAST score and GT score so your Aptitude is obviously there. As far as the 2 NJP's...contact a recruiter. The eye sight and any other disqualifiers can be found on the usarec website.

I would highly recommend that if this is something you want to do. Then do it. Don't wait...get 'er done.

In my opinion, which is worth about 2 cents, I'd say the things you mentioned here, should cause you to be positive.

Hope this helps.

I got this from the USAREC WEBSITE: http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOoverview.html#AFAST%20Locations

concerning your eyesight.

"Determine the Warrant Officer (WO) Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) for which you might be qualified. The most common MOS that personnel from other services are eligible to apply for is 153A (Aviator) because this MOS requires no prior skills or training. For this MOS you must be less than 33 years of age by the convene date of the board (or request a waiver) and have 20/50 distant visual acuity, correctable with spectacles to 20/20, also note there is an Aeromedical refractive error exception to policy (LASIK/PRK information). All other Warrant Officer (WO) Military Occupational Specialties (MOSs) require you to be at least pay grade E5 or higher with 4-6 years experience in a skill that is closely associated with a WO MOS. Review the Prerequisites and Duty Descriptions part of this web site to determine if you are doing very similar work to one of the WO MOSs."

Last edited by ErOkOnE on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erokone

also starting my package
Page 1 of 1