WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SGT_Allhands

TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Empty
PostSubject: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi,

Great forum! I'm hoping I can get some advice on what to expect next in the WOC selection process (after boarding). My packet has been reviewed and approved by proponent and will be going up to the Federal Recognition Board Review next month. There are a ton of vacant slots in my MOS (250N), I have no waivers, a good physical from this year, no security clearance issues, and a very strong packet overall.

Assuming all goes well and I get an appointment to WOC, what can I expect next? When I drill, will I leave my slot as 1st squad leader and continue to drill with my unit as a WOC until my class convenes in Ft Rucker or will I transfer to the unit with the vacant MOS I am filling and drill there as a WOC? What should I be doing to prepare for WOCS? Any information or web links would be very helpful.

V/R
SGT Allhands
Back to top Go down
AngeloMileto

AngeloMileto

PostSubject: Re: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:07 am

Think this is a good site/source as well. Unfortunately, the word does not appear to have gone very far.

Anyway, I would not presume to tell you what your unit will have you do as far as your drill requirements. Check with your chain on that.

As for the physical preparation for Rucker, I'm doing that myself. Not sure if you've had a final determination on your acceptance and/if you have a class date, but, plan to get yourself into good shape as you would for Basic. I've heard different stories but all say that it is still physically challenging even if they have taken some of the "Basic" type stuff out.

If you have not gone yet and you know, when are you going? Congratulations on making it this far and your selection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhgclan.com
SGT_Allhands

PostSubject: Re: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Yes, I was selected in the May 2010 board and thanks for the advice. I got a slot as a 254A in the 36th ID DSTB, Information Assurance. I'm really excited about it.

I have been Crossfit training 2-3 times a week in preparation for WOCS. Not quite boot camp condition, but then again I am 44 - lol. I will be ready to go when I arrive.

I have been drilling with my unit as a WOC now which is kind of weird because they don't really know how to treat me - lol. Half of them still call me Sergeant, with the rest calling me Candidate, Sir, or Chief... One thing for sure is that I am looking forward to getting to Ft Rucker in November. My class starts November 11th, but we get there on the 6th. Getting rid of this WOC pin will be a blessing.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
AngeloMileto

AngeloMileto

PostSubject: Re: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:16 am

I know what you mean about being weird as I'm going through the same thing. Looks like you are in class 11-004, two after mine. From what I've learned so far, that would mean that we may be challenging your class during your first week/our last week for the WOC Olympics - it may be class 11-003 though.

I'm starting my P90-X again 01 Sep 2010; took the summer off. That should be enough to get me back into PT shape and don't even play the age card on me. Your goal should be to kick the crap out of the 30 somethings and keep up with the 20's. That's my goal at 52 Smile

Have you registered on WOCC yet?
Back to top Go down
SGT_Allhands

PostSubject: Re: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:19 am

Yeah, I have been doing P-90X in my off days and Crossfit 2-3 times a week. Right now I'm in training for the "Fight Gone Bad 5" competition for the Wounded Warrior Project.

52 eh? Good for you brother

I am in 11-005 (6 week course), so we may miss each other completely, which would be too bad. Maybe I will be snowbirding when you are still there. I have registered on WOCC - lawrence.allhands@us.army.mil - link up with me. You can also find me on facebook under lawrence allhands (I am the only one).

Cheers and good luck!

Larry
Back to top Go down
AngeloMileto

AngeloMileto

PostSubject: Re: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Looks like your phase 1 is:
Class 005
Report Date 09 Nov 2010
Start Date 10 Nov 2010
End Date 29 Nov 2010

My class goes through 18 Nov 2010 so we should be seniors by the time you start.

The registration, did that get you to the BCKS forums? If so, that's where you'll get setup for a class forum to start collaborating. That's what we are doing and think it's going to help when we get there.

TTYL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?   TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TXARNG WOCS - What to expect next?
Page 1 of 1