WOCS Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOCS Applicants

A forum specifically designed to assist both civilian and military members in their WOCS Application process or WOCS.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WOCS meeting before start date

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WOCScott

WOCScott

WOCS meeting before start date Empty
PostSubject: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 am

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have another forum for WOCs to get to know each other before getting to Rucker!? I start 04Dec....future 58 pilot!
Back to top Go down
http://purdue28.deviantart.com/
Kwizical

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 pm

I also have a start date of 4 dec. guess we will be in the same class. MOS 880A here.
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Nice to meet you (sort of) Kwizical. When do you plan on in-processing? Im thinking a few days ahead but not more than 3 or so. Im already studying the SOP and tagging my gear. Hopefully we can find some of the others and try to get ahead of the game.
Back to top Go down
Kwizical

PostSubject: Reporting   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 pm

I will be reporting on the 19th of NOV. Didn't want to report so early but I'm AD Navy so they want me there like 2 weeks before class up to get new uniforms and such. I've been reading the SOP but i've been told not to buy anything untill I report because i guess I'll be issued most items (not sure excatly what).
Back to top Go down
ErOkOnE

ErOkOnE

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:46 am

I report August 5th but I dont start until the 20th...I have get my uniforms and such as well. I've read the SOP, however, I was told the same...that I'd be issued all my gear once I arrived and in processed.

What exactly are you guys planning to take with you for WOCS? Personal gear I mean.

Take care all.

eli
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erokone
Kwizical

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I don't know what to bring. my recruiter said don't bring anything except a good pair of running shoes and dog tags. I guess what ever they don't give me i'll just buy there. anyone out there prior service that can tell us what to bring that they don't supply.
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 am

Hey Guys,

I'm not 100% sure what to bring (the welcome letter has a packing list, but Ive learned not to believe everything the army "recommends" in that regard). I have drill this weekend and there are a few guys who just finished or are in the ending phase of flight school that I can talk to. On top of that my W.O. recruiter will be there to extend my contract. She goes down to Rucker literally every fews weeks so I can talk to her as well. Ill spend some time this weekend picking their brains and let you know what I hear.
Back to top Go down
ErOkOnE

ErOkOnE

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:28 pm

WOCScott wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm not 100% sure what to bring (the welcome letter has a packing list, but Ive learned not to believe everything the army "recommends" in that regard). I have drill this weekend and there are a few guys who just finished or are in the ending phase of flight school that I can talk to. On top of that my W.O. recruiter will be there to extend my contract. She goes down to Rucker literally every fews weeks so I can talk to her as well. Ill spend some time this weekend picking their brains and let you know what I hear.

Sweet...thanks for that....all help is appreciated.

So are you a Rucker already? Are you waiting for class to start?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erokone
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:04 pm

No Im not going until sometime around the 1st of Dec (04Dec08 class start date). The anticipation is killing me...Im ready to get WOCS done with and in the cockpit.
Back to top Go down
DBarnes727

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Hey guys, I'm also (sort of) slotted in the 04Dec08 WOCS class.

I've done things a bit backwards with this whole "street to seat" program. I interviewed with the unit before doing anything else. They "accepted me into their unit" (not sure how much that actually means) and gave me WOCS and IERW start dates. I have submitted my packet and am awaiting word from the Warrant Officer Accession Board.

MOS 153A
Medevac UH-60
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:49 pm

FYI Everyone,

I talked to some of the guys in my unit about what to bring. Basically, bring minimal clothing and hygiene items from the list and nothing more. I was told not to worry to much about all the "recommended or optional" items b/c depending on the TAC's we get they may or may not require that we all have the same gear. We will have time to buy whatever we need beforehand. It was HIGHLY recommended to me that I stencil all clothing according to the SOP before arriving.
I was also planning on bringing a binder with all the SOP's, relevant Reg sections, and blank forms but was told thats a big NO NO. Apparently that would be considered "pre-flighting" and somehow would give me an advantage over everyone else. Sounds kind of crazy to me but I guess the rules are the rules.
I know this isn't the big insight most of you may have been hoping for but in any case I hope it helps.

PS. I don't know if anyone in the 04Dec class date noticed but 04Dec08 is a Thursday. We wont "officially" start WOCS until the following Monday (8Dec08)
Back to top Go down
DBarnes727

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Where do you get a copy of the SOPs?
I assume we're talking about Standard Operating Procedures and not some strange military acronym
Back to top Go down
WOCScott

WOCScott

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:17 pm

You can find a link to the welcome letter and a link to the WOC SOP here:

http://usawocc.army.mil/woes/wocs.htm

I will respond to your email as well and post all relevant info on here.
Back to top Go down
levisiegfried

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:26 am

My packet should be up for this board. I dont want to get my hopes up but im pretty confident I will be selected. I am an interservice transfer from the USAF and the CW05 and CW04 that wrote me resumes said they think it will happen.

My info is below
APFT 233
AFAST 137
AFCT GT 127
Vision 20/40 20/30 (corrected 20/20 20/20) Flight Physical Approved

I set my seperation date up for 30 November. So if selected ill enlist in the Army 1 Dec and fly to Mother Rucker the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOCS meeting before start date   WOCS meeting before start date Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOCS meeting before start date
Page 1 of 1